Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 13 posts ]
 Post subject: Start Bar
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:44 am 

In the extreme next the start bar when you minimize a running program such IE or explorer minimizes to the system tray area instead of next to the quick launch area as in the task bar area. I find this annoying. This has caused me to open multiple instances of a program that is already open or get a pop up saying that program is already running. I have gone back to the Microsoft task bar.

However it may be setting in next start that I am not aware of found yet that is causing this if so could some one point out the error of my ways.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:25 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Winstep Xtreme has no 'minimize to systray' function, Super_Sarge. :shock:

To get to the bottom of this, can you please provide a screenshot of your desktop with the NextSTART startbar running and a couple of windows minimized to the systray? Also, please make sure NextSTART Preferences is visible and open in the 'Startbar Preferences' tab.

If you can't post your screenshot here, please feel free to send it to the Winstep support address. :D

Profile WWW 

Post subject: Update to previous
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:34 am 

I uninstalled windows blinds, now minimized programs are showing up in task bar. I think there is a definite conflict with extreme and windows blinds which I am sure you are aware of and working on.

One other question is the system tray supposed to fade in and out I would like to keep it permanently displayed

I wish Windows Blinds and Exterme would play nice with each other I like features in both programs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:28 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

This is not a Winstep Xtreme issue nor a WindowBlinds (WB) vs. Xtreme problem, both programs are known to play along quite well with each other.

Seems to me more like you enabled the option to "Make minimize button minimize to tray" under "WindowBlinds configuration panel\User Overrides\Advanced Settings section". I don't use WB, but if memory serves me right some WB skins also added a button to windows titlebars to make the window minimize to the tray instead of the taskbar, and you could be clicking that button instead. One or the other.

As for your other issue, could you please clarify what you mean by the 'system tray is fading in and out'? A screenshot of your desktop would still be worth a thousand words. :D

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:58 pm 

Thanks That fixed problem but now as someone earlier has stated the the windows system tray want to show through I would post a picture.[/code]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:25 pm 

Disreguard
Problem resolved it was the WB Skin I was using that was the problem. Everything is now fine functioning properly crossing my fingers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:21 pm 

Super_Sarge

I too purchased windowblinds and unistalled it, as I found it causes numerous problems with all kinds of software, not just Winstep Exreme.
I also purchased ObjectDock and have uninstalled this as well as I find Winstep Extreme to be superior in all respects.

Regards

G Booth

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:35 pm 

I have object dock it does more thing such as skinning Windows explorer and Out look, I also use it for its Icon Packager it theme manger Its tweak Vista it Object Dock.
I also am using extreme for its superior Start Bar and shelfs which I use in conjunction with Stardocks Object dock as you can see in image I hope

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:18 pm 

Super_Sarge what theme is this one? i like the start bar. would like to install and see what the start menu looks like. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:06 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

He seems to be using a mix of themes, but the Startbar theme is the excelent Coyote, by Gillon (Dawn).

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:34 pm 

thanks for the quick reply. the skin looks great, however i have it set to autohide to the bottom of the screen. the only two places i can mouseover to get it to popup is the start button and systray. i only use nextstart. any help would be great.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:54 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

In the Collapsed Options section of Startbar Preferences set the 'Enable Edge Bump Activation'. That way you can un-hide the startbar by bumping the bottom screen edge with the mouse pointer.

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:07 pm 

PREFECT. not only can i now bring it up from any point across the bottom of the screen it actually stays up while i am mousing from one end to the other. thanks for the help. :D

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 13 posts ]