|NextSTART v3.4 Beta 7 and WorkShelf v1.90 Beta 6 Released!
|Page 1 of 1|
|Author:||winstep [ Thu Nov 24, 2005 11:37 pm ]|
|Post subject:||NextSTART v3.4 Beta 7 and WorkShelf v1.90 Beta 6 Released!|
Winstep Software Technologies releases NextSTART v3.4 Public Beta 7 and WorkShelf v1.90 Public Beta 6!
NextSTART Version 3.4 adds a multitude of enhancements such as Automatic Updates, Tip of the Day, improved drag & drop capability, new sound effects, the ability to capture WorkShelf modules as icons into the NextSTART Startbar, automatic refresh of the Startbar Quick Launch area, etc...
WorkShelf Version 1.90 allows you to view task icons as snapshots of the actual windows, task icon customization by simple drag & drop, new icon grow/shrink effect on mouse over, Preview button in the Advanced Skinning dialogs of desktop modules, redesigned Preferences windows, new Show Themes shelf type from where you can quickly visualize and apply themes, Browse In NextSTART context menu option for browsing folders using NextSTART menus, new Desktop Module effects, and much more!
You can download NextSTART beta from
and WorkShelf beta from
Note: A previous full NextSTART, WorkShelf or Winstep Full Pak installation is required! Do not un-install anything, just install the betas on top of your current Winstep installation.
Please, do not forget that feedback is extremely important, specially for beta versions. Should you find a bug, please report it on the Winstep Forums or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
WorkShelf and NextSTART will run under Win95/98/ME and NT4/2000/XP
WorkShelf Version 1.90 build 350 - November 23, 2005 - Public Beta 6
* Added CTRL+Right Click context menu to tasks in Tasks shelf
with the following options:
Change Task Icon
Add to/Remove from Snapshot Exclusion list.
* Wanda animation is turned off by default on Win9x/NT4 systems
so it doesn't use too much CPU resources.
* The Wanda desktop module is repositioned at the left of the
other screen modules if screen resolution is less than 1024x768.
* Grow/Shrink selection method is disabled by default on
Win9x/NT4 systems since it is very CPU intensive and it is
assumed that the host machine is low end.
* Fixed problem where drag & drop outside of WorkShelf was
not working properly with icon grow/shrink effect enabled.
* The Preview button of WorkShelf Preferences was not
applying changes to specific modules when the Module
tab was open.
* Workshelf was exiting anyway even when the user answered
'No' to the 'Exit WorkShelf' prompt.
* The CPU hogs list had the CPU usage percentage truncated
if the text was right justified and the program name too
large to fit.
* WorkShelf could overlap the NextSTART starbar when
* Fixed problem where the wsdefault.wbk file was not being
deleted on un-instalation.
NextSTART Version 3.4 (build 229) - November 23, 2005 - Public Beta 7
* Added a 'Disable Taskbar Beeping' option to the Sound
and Animation tab in NextSTART Preferences. This prevents
NextSTART from beeping while flashing a tasklist button.
* Re-positioned the NextSTART control window which could
still be visible on some multi-monitor configurations.
* NextSTART now waits for the resize of the Startbar to be
complete before updating the reserved screen area.
|Page 1 of 1||All times are UTC|
|Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group