Winstep

Software Technologies


 Winstep Forums


Print view
Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 11 posts ]
Author Message
 Post subject: I haven't received my key
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:29 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:04 am
Posts: 5
Hello everyone and thank you to Jorge for developing this very useful tool. After playing a bit with other docks I can say this is the best one I found.

And I feel the free version is very capable for a basic user, I just wanted to try the premium features and support by purchasing the Nexus Ultimate. Unfortunately I paid a couple of days ago but I still haven't received the license key, not in the email I provided in the form or the copy to my PayPal account (the page said there would be a copy sent there too).

I looked in the spam folders of both emails.


I reached for the support email but no answer has arrived yet :?

Thank you guys.


Back to top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I haven't received my key
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:22 pm 
Offline
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:19 pm
Posts: 1113
Location: UK
Fanatic17 wrote:
Hello everyone and thank you to Jorge for developing this very useful tool. After playing a bit with other docks I can say this is the best one I found.

And I feel the free version is very capable for a basic user, I just wanted to try the premium features and support by purchasing the Nexus Ultimate. Unfortunately I paid a couple of days ago but I still haven't received the license key, not in the email I provided in the form or the copy to my PayPal account (the page said there would be a copy sent there too).

I looked in the spam folders of both emails.


I reached for the support email but no answer has arrived yet :?

Thank you guys.

The key is sent out automatically as soon as your payment is confirmed. If you haven't received it yet, this could be down to problems at your email provider, or a spelling error in the email address that you gave BMT Micro, and a host of other things.

In the first instance, non-receipt of key file should be taken up with BMT Micro's customer support. Do a search on the topic here and you'll find plenty of info on that.

As for email support here - non-functional at present due to temporary absence of Jorge. (Do try keeping up with what's going on in here. If you did, you'd know that already.) And anyway, it's a BMT Micro issue, as stated already.

All that said, hope you get it sorted quickly with BMT Micro.

_________________
nexter - so, what's next?


Back to top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I haven't received my key
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:04 am
Posts: 5
nexter wrote:
Fanatic17 wrote:
Hello everyone and thank you to Jorge for developing this very useful tool. After playing a bit with other docks I can say this is the best one I found.

And I feel the free version is very capable for a basic user, I just wanted to try the premium features and support by purchasing the Nexus Ultimate. Unfortunately I paid a couple of days ago but I still haven't received the license key, not in the email I provided in the form or the copy to my PayPal account (the page said there would be a copy sent there too).

I looked in the spam folders of both emails.


I reached for the support email but no answer has arrived yet :?

Thank you guys.

The key is sent out automatically as soon as your payment is confirmed. If you haven't received it yet, this could be down to problems at your email provider, or a spelling error in the email address that you gave BMT Micro, and a host of other things.

In the first instance, non-receipt of key file should be taken up with BMT Micro's customer support. Do a search on the topic here and you'll find plenty of info on that.

As for email support here - non-functional at present due to temporary absence of Jorge. (Do try keeping up with what's going on in here. If you did, you'd know that already.) And anyway, it's a BMT Micro issue, as stated already.

All that said, hope you get it sorted quickly with BMT Micro.


Thank you, I sent an email to BMT Micro.


Back to top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I haven't received my key
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:52 pm 
Offline
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:19 pm
Posts: 1113
Location: UK
Fanatic17 wrote:
nexter wrote:
The key is sent out automatically as soon as your payment is confirmed. If you haven't received it yet, this could be down to problems at your email provider, or a spelling error in the email address that you gave BMT Micro, and a host of other things.

In the first instance, non-receipt of key file should be taken up with BMT Micro's customer support. Do a search on the topic here and you'll find plenty of info on that.

As for email support here - non-functional at present due to temporary absence of Jorge. (Do try keeping up with what's going on in here. If you did, you'd know that already.) And anyway, it's a BMT Micro issue, as stated already.

All that said, hope you get it sorted quickly with BMT Micro.


Thank you, I sent an email to BMT Micro.

I hope they'll act swiftly. As you may have seen in other posts here, they sometimes (often?) try and fob people off and tell them to get in touch with Winstep support! Just be persistent and insistent if they should try that. ;)

_________________
nexter - so, what's next?


Back to top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I haven't received my key
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:09 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:04 am
Posts: 5
Yeah I'm just bummed that I don't get to try the new features


Back to top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I haven't received my key
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:44 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:57 pm
Posts: 2
Location: UK
I've just read your thread because my (first time buyer) husband is in the same position, having paid for his first copy of Winstep Xtreme and never received registration details. I cannot say he is a happy bunny and today (after several attempts to contact Winstep Support) he says this morning he will get PayPal to refund his money. I don't really blame him, to be honest.

But as I am a longterm user, I logged into the forum this morning and have just read the announcement about the absence of support. How is anyone else to know that? Not everyone has a forum account. Surely there should be some comment on the website as to the lack of support??

Doing a search I finally found BMT Micro's email on the forum so I have asked him to give it one last go. I just hope he succeeds. Taking the money and ignoring him for a week afterwards is NOT good business practice. I think there might be many more unhappy customers before this is over.


Back to top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I haven't received my key
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:57 pm
Posts: 2
Location: UK
Well, that was a surprise (put it down to lack of communication in this house) I went to PayPal to get the transaction details and lo and behold, they had issued a refund for the money.
Turns out my husband had already begun the PayPal dispute process two days ago (would have been nice if he'd told me) and so now he's got his money back I will just uninstall Winstep trial from his comp. End of story. It's a shame, but that is how it's going it seems. :(


Back to top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I haven't received my key
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:30 am 
Offline
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:19 pm
Posts: 1113
Location: UK
Amanda wrote:
I've just read your thread because my (first time buyer) husband is in the same position, having paid for his first copy of Winstep Xtreme and never received registration details. I cannot say he is a happy bunny and today (after several attempts to contact Winstep Support) he says this morning he will get PayPal to refund his money. I don't really blame him, to be honest.

But as I am a longterm user, I logged into the forum this morning and have just read the announcement about the absence of support. How is anyone else to know that? Not everyone has a forum account. Surely there should be some comment on the website as to the lack of support??

Doing a search I finally found BMT Micro's email on the forum so I have asked him to give it one last go. I just hope he succeeds. Taking the money and ignoring him for a week afterwards is NOT good business practice. I think there might be many more unhappy customers before this is over.

I am sorry about your/your husbands unfortunate experience. However, as you might have gleaned from your search through this forum, this is not the fault or responsibility of Winstep Software and not strictly speaking a Winstep Support issue. The registration keys are sent out automatically once payment has cleared with BMT Micro. Unless your husband accidentally entered a wrong email address - and sometimes email ends up in the Spam folder - this is an issue for BMT Micro to resolve, as it is through them that the sale takes place.

As for the limited support at present, this cannot be announced on the website. Winstep is a one-man operation, and we unpaid volunteer moderators on this board have no access to that.

Incidentally, the first thing anyone considering/trying out an app ought to do is check out that app's forum, if one exists. Personally, I regularly use all boards - where available - for all apps that I use. It's the best way to keep informed and very often far and away the best way of getting help with anything. :)

_________________
nexter - so, what's next?


Back to top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I haven't received my key
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:45 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:04 am
Posts: 5
Yeah I almost forgot about this... I contacted support multiple times but no response was given. I don't think Paypal will refund me but I'll try anyway as it looks like there is no way to get a license.


Back to top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I haven't received my key
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:38 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:04 am
Posts: 5
Fanatic17 wrote:
Yeah I almost forgot about this... I contacted support multiple times but no response was given. I don't think Paypal will refund me but I'll try anyway as it looks like there is no way to get a license.



Finally they sent me the key! Thanks PayPal :P


Back to top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I haven't received my key
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:28 pm 
Offline
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:19 pm
Posts: 1113
Location: UK
Fanatic17 wrote:
Fanatic17 wrote:
Yeah I almost forgot about this... I contacted support multiple times but no response was given. I don't think Paypal will refund me but I'll try anyway as it looks like there is no way to get a license.



Finally they sent me the key! Thanks PayPal :P

Very happy for you that you got your key. :) Persistence with BMT Micro can be hard work, but it's their responsibility.

_________________
nexter - so, what's next?


Back to top
 Profile  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 11 posts ]
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 16 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: