Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 603 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41
 Post subject: Re: Winstep Wish List
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:03 pm 

Hi Jorge,

Long time user here. I have some... strange requests for you today.

A bit of backstory:

I am currently building a "wing" rainmeter theme that replaces the windows taskbar and allows for a dock.

There have been a lot of changes since this screenshot though.

I am using winstep for the system tray up top-right as well.

The theme is using autohotkey for some automagic - namely a light-up downloads icon if an in-progress download is detected, the bar background is now 100% transparent unless a window is maximized, then it blacks out the background, few other cool goodies.

I would like to use the autohotkey Send_WM_COPYDATA function to send commands to winstep nexus to perform some actions to further automate the integration of the two.

Here is a few things I would like:

• - A command to hue/colorize all icons in the dock (for the systray) to match the theme accent color.
  • - A winstep setting to set a custom windowtitle for a dock (for autohotkey purposes)
  • - A command to move an aligned dock at a pixel position rather than a percentage
  • - An option for 'grow-direction' of the dock, e.g. for when its on the left side or right side of the screen, which way to grow the icons (or automatic based on which half it is on)
  • - Perhaps separate X/Y sizing for icons instead of 1:1 aspect ratio?

I know it's a big crazy list but hopefully you will consider some (or all!)
of the above!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:58 am 

Hi Jorge,

Have you ever thought about some stickeies/note kind of functionality?

i know there are many other programs for that and dont know how work intensive it would be but i think winstep could have a unique approach/functionality to stickies:
Icon/hotspot/module based notes, notes that would roll up into an icon or a doc object, an the text itself would be saved as a txt or rtf file?

just to put a bug in your ear

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:16 am 

This has probably been asked for before, but tonight, search is not my friend. It would be really nice if there were a way to move multiple workshelf modules at the same time. Since we can't have them "click" together at this point in time.

Although I did think of a way to have them be able to click together and still allow the user to reorder them. What if you assigned one point on each of the 4 "sides" of each module as the click point? Then, no matter what modules were in use they would click to the same spot on any given module.

Profile WWW 

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 603 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41