Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 740 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50
 Post subject: Re: Winstep Wish List
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:40 pm 

I´d like to be able to connect drawers, or to add dividers with labels.
Like shelfes, but without the need to click tab´s. Just for a beautiful organization.

Attachments:
Connect_us.jpg
Connect_us.jpg [ 23.88 KiB | Viewed 1237 times ]

Post subject: Re: 2 long time wanted features by me
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:02 am 

johnamaro wrote:
Vlad wrote:
Hello Jorge,

Here are 2 of the gripes I had with Winstep from day one, even before deciding to buy it:

1. The ability to acces the windows 10 right click context menu for a taskbar pinned app, for a pinned dock/shelf/drawer app (I know that at that time there was no drawer...). The windows 10 has some genuine useful things in that menu, like the most recent files opened by that app (and the ability to pin those files), for example.

It would be really nice to be able to access that menu (native Windows 10 pinned app menu) when you right click (or maybe ALT+rmb?) on an shortcut app that is in a dock/shelf/drawer.

if this implement
2. I remember a while back, I asked if you can implement the app switching via drag and drop files over an app preview in a dock... And you did that. Thank you again Jorge! It is great. Now here is what I have noticed, using that quite often: sometimes it can get... I don`t know: fiddly? You drag and drop a file you want to share, let`s say from explorer to desktop whatsapp app. So you start to drag the file from explorer over the whatsapp icon, you wait a while, the preview window pops up, you start to move the file to preview window, you wait a while, the whatsapp window is pushed in front and you move and drop the file in the app. All this waiting is kind of disruptive and also sometimes when you try to move the mouse (that has the file coming with it) from the icon in the dock to the preview window, in the time you try to do this the preview window disappears and you have to start all over.

Having control over the time it takes for the popup preview to appear and also the time it takes to disappear could maybe make things go smoother for drag and drop app switching?

So, what do you think Jorge about that? Do you think it is worth the trouble to look into it?

I wonder if this implementation could have been done earlier on a modified version of WhatsApp like this FMWhatsApp Apk because if there was any problem during the experiment it would not have any effect on the original WhatsApp....

I agree with your words bro.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:53 pm 

Refine and include something like Nick's CallHotSpot executable, so that we can open NS menus from other (i.e. non-NS) applications or shortcuts. For instance, I might use it to start a specific NS menu from an ObjectDock shortcut or from AveDesk.

On the eyecandy side:

4. Use of PNGs or other file formats so that we can have skins with selective transparency.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:41 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

mikestanley464 wrote:
Refine and include something like Nick's CallHotSpot executable, so that we can open NS menus from other (i.e. non-NS) applications or shortcuts. For instance, I might use it to start a specific NS menu from an ObjectDock shortcut or from AveDesk.

Would that be anything like the HotSpot feature that's already in the program?

mikestanley464 wrote:
4. Use of PNGs or other file formats so that we can have skins with selective transparency.

Why is there a #4? What happened to 1, 2, and 3?

And, for what it's worth, the theme I'm using, DarkTech, is full of PNGs.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:29 pm 

An own working Nexus Aeroglass, not depending on a dude which ask for donations, but lacks updating his work.

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 740 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50