Winstep

Software Technologies


 Winstep Forums


Print view
Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 16 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Updated translations needed! Help and get a FREE LICENSE!
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:28 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2004 8:30 pm
Posts: 8271
As you are probably already aware, Winstep applications offer multi-language support.

Unfortunately one of the drawbacks of a rapid development cycle is that many translations quickly become outdated, with new feature descriptions missing from the translations and appearing in English only.

As such Winstep needs your help in bringing those translations up-to-date. Most of the work has already been done by previous translators, so you only need to review what is already there and translate any missing entries.

In return, you get a free license for either Nexus Ultimate or Winstep Xtreme, plus the satisfaction of knowing Winstep users in your own country will be using a translation made by *you*.

Winstep applications already ship with a translator helper application that you can find on the Winstep folder in the Start Menu. Please contact Winstep support if you need more details.

_________________
Jorge Coelho
Winstep Xtreme - Xtreme Power!
http://www.winstep.net - Winstep Software Technologies


Back to top
 Profile WWW 
 
 Post subject: Re: Updated translations needed! Help and get a FREE LICENSE
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:57 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:46 am
Posts: 177
Hi Jorge!

I had contacted you on support email about Croatian translation update, i did for an older version, you asked me if i could do translation for 16.2 and i did everything but workself, and sent it to you for feedback before working on workshelf itself. Since my trial version is nearing its end, and i got used to all the upgrades from the free version and would hate to have to go back i registered here in case my mail address got marked as spam.

Really like your product and wish i could afford to support it financially too.
Thx for the great work


Back to top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Updated translations needed! Help and get a FREE LICENSE
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:10 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2004 8:30 pm
Posts: 8271
Hi! :)

Sorry, I was under the impression you were still working on the translation and would send me all the files once the work had been completed.

Since I hadn't yet found the time to find someone to check on the quality of the work you had completed so far, I procrastinated (love that word lol!) on replying to you and then it ended up slipping my mind.

The WorkShelf translation is actually the most important bit, since a complete translation for WorkShelf also gives us a complete translation of Nexus and Nexus Ultimate.

Anyway, I will send you a Winstep Xtreme license key now and trust you will send the WorkShelf translation once that is complete. Ok? :)

_________________
Jorge Coelho
Winstep Xtreme - Xtreme Power!
http://www.winstep.net - Winstep Software Technologies


Back to top
 Profile WWW 
 
 Post subject: Re: Updated translations needed! Help and get a FREE LICENSE
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:46 am
Posts: 177
Sure, i will get right on it, i was waiting on your feedback since workshelf has the most untranslated strings, and wanted to know if i need to change anything on my work before starting it. Thanks for the key.


Back to top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Updated translations needed! Help and get a FREE LICENSE
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:40 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2004 8:30 pm
Posts: 8271
I will have to look for a Croatian user and ask him to send me his opinion on your translations.

Anyway, I trust you want your fellow country-men to actually understand the options when using your translation, lol

_________________
Jorge Coelho
Winstep Xtreme - Xtreme Power!
http://www.winstep.net - Winstep Software Technologies


Back to top
 Profile WWW 
 
 Post subject: Re: Updated translations needed! Help and get a FREE LICENSE
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:27 pm
Posts: 1
Hello, just wrote you an email about the German update, hope that I can help! Keep up the nice work! There are way too few good dock-softwares on the internet...


Back to top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Updated translations needed! Help and get a FREE LICENSE
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:54 pm
Posts: 13
Maybe I can help you with French, if nobody else has done it yet?


Back to top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Updated translations needed! Help and get a FREE LICENSE
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:46 pm
Posts: 9
QTP wrote:
Maybe I can help you with French, if nobody else has done it yet?

I bgan to work on it but never found time to finish it.


Back to top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Updated translations needed! Help and get a FREE LICENSE
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:56 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2004 8:30 pm
Posts: 8271
lian00 wrote:
I bgan to work on it but never found time to finish it.


You know, 95% of the translation has already been done by previous contributors. How hard is it to do the remaining 5%? :D

_________________
Jorge Coelho
Winstep Xtreme - Xtreme Power!
http://www.winstep.net - Winstep Software Technologies


Back to top
 Profile WWW 
 
 Post subject: Re: Updated translations needed! Help and get a FREE LICENSE
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:46 pm
Posts: 9
winstep wrote:
lian00 wrote:
I bgan to work on it but never found time to finish it.


You know, 95% of the translation has already been done by previous contributors. How hard is it to do the remaining 5%? :D

Well, I’m a busy man.


Back to top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Updated translations needed! Help and get a FREE LICENSE
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:00 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2004 8:30 pm
Posts: 8271
lian00 wrote:
Well, I’m a busy man.


We all are. lol

_________________
Jorge Coelho
Winstep Xtreme - Xtreme Power!
http://www.winstep.net - Winstep Software Technologies


Back to top
 Profile WWW 
 
 Post subject: Re: Updated translations needed! Help and get a FREE LICENSE
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:03 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:54 pm
Posts: 13
If I can get a free license for Nexus I would be happy to complete lian's translation, provided he is prepared to transfer me a copy.


Back to top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Updated translations needed! Help and get a FREE LICENSE
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:42 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2004 8:30 pm
Posts: 8271
QTP wrote:
If I can get a free license for Nexus I would be happy to complete lian's translation, provided he is prepared to transfer me a copy.


Nexus already ships with a pretty extensive French translation, and it's actually a very good one. Unfortunately it hasn't been updated in some time though, but of a total of 1774 text entries only about 257 need to be translated. In other words, 85% of the work has already been done, you only need to do the remaining 15%.

You don't need Lian's work to complete the translation, I doubt very much he is ever going to finish what he started. :wink:

_________________
Jorge Coelho
Winstep Xtreme - Xtreme Power!
http://www.winstep.net - Winstep Software Technologies


Back to top
 Profile WWW 
 
 Post subject: Re: Updated translations needed! Help and get a FREE LICENSE
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:46 pm
Posts: 9
winstep wrote:
QTP wrote:
If I can get a free license for Nexus I would be happy to complete lian's translation, provided he is prepared to transfer me a copy.


Nexus already ships with a pretty extensive French translation, and it's actually a very good one. Unfortunately it hasn't been updated in some time though, but of a total of 1774 text entries only about 257 need to be translated. In other words, 85% of the work has already been done, you only need to do the remaining 15%.

You don't need Lian's work to complete the translation, I doubt very much he is ever going to finish what he started. :wink:


I may send the work I’ve done. Which file is needed?


Back to top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Updated translations needed! Help and get a FREE LICENSE
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:37 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2004 8:30 pm
Posts: 8271
lian00 wrote:
I may send the work I’ve done. Which file is needed?


Thanks! :) Assuming the free version of Nexus:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\WinStep\Languages\Nexus\French.ini

If you can, send it over to Winstep support and I'll re-send it to QTP.

_________________
Jorge Coelho
Winstep Xtreme - Xtreme Power!
http://www.winstep.net - Winstep Software Technologies


Back to top
 Profile WWW 
 
Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 16 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: