Winstep

Software Technologies


 Winstep Forums


Print view
Board index : Winstep Forums : Translations  [ 8 posts ]
Author Message
 Post subject: Italian translation help file
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:26 pm
Posts: 3
Location: Italy
I was thinking of translating the guide CHM into Italian but I'm not sure the guide is being used by the program, because at any point in the program I press F1 does nothing.
It does not seem that context-sensitive help exists.
If I press the Help button, I always open the webpage with FAQs.

So I wanted to understand if it's worth it before start.

_________________
HTH
gibra
Windows 10 Home 64bit


Back to top
 Profile WWW 
 
 Post subject: Re: Italian translation help file
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:16 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2004 8:30 pm
Posts: 9916
Not worth it. The help files haven't been updated in ages.

Much better to update the actual GUI translation.

_________________
Jorge Coelho
Winstep Xtreme - Xtreme Power!
http://www.winstep.net - Winstep Software Technologies


Back to top
 Profile WWW 
 
 Post subject: Re: Italian translation help file
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:40 pm
Posts: 3
winstep wrote:
Not worth it. The help files haven't been updated in ages.

Much better to update the actual GUI translation.


Hi there, my first post here…
The real problem in traslations is every new version we have to start over... I just finished the firt file (NextSTART) when the new version 18.10 came out… but .INI files are different (also in lines number), so I now I have to start over.

Baio


Back to top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Italian translation help file
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:49 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2004 8:30 pm
Posts: 9916
Every update overwrites the language INI files for obvious reasons. If you are working on a translation you should always have this in mind, and either postpone updating until you finish your translation or (much better!) keep it in a safe place by moving it to a different folder.

Also, you should use the Winstep Translator Helper application to make your translations, if you aren't already.

_________________
Jorge Coelho
Winstep Xtreme - Xtreme Power!
http://www.winstep.net - Winstep Software Technologies


Back to top
 Profile WWW 
 
 Post subject: Re: Italian translation help file
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:40 pm
Posts: 3
winstep wrote:
Every update overwrites the language INI files for obvious reasons. If you are working on a translation you should always have this in mind, and either postpone updating until you finish your translation or (much better!) keep it in a safe place by moving it to a different folder.

Also, you should use the Winstep Translator Helper application to make your translations, if you aren't already.


I'm using the Translator Helper application, but… if I open the new italian.ini it has 1253 entries, the older one (that I modified) has 1254 entries.
How I am supposed to overwrite the new .INI file's entries without starting over everytime?

Baio

Ps. italian translation is very bad man! :shock:


Back to top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Italian translation help file
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:42 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2004 8:30 pm
Posts: 9916
If you open the newer Italian language file in the Winstep Translator Helper and then look at the Tools menu, you will see one option that says 'Update Translations...'. Use that to navigate to where *your* translation file is - the application will then overwrite the original translations with your translations.

_________________
Jorge Coelho
Winstep Xtreme - Xtreme Power!
http://www.winstep.net - Winstep Software Technologies


Back to top
 Profile WWW 
 
 Post subject: Re: Italian translation help file
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:12 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:40 pm
Posts: 3
winstep wrote:
If you open the newer Italian language file in the Winstep Translator Helper and then look at the Tools menu, you will see one option that says 'Update Translations...'. Use that to navigate to where *your* translation file is - the application will then overwrite the original translations with your translations.


WOW!
That was THE point!
Thank you very much, I'll proceed. 8)

And what I'm gonna do when finished? Just send it to support's email?

Baio


Back to top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Italian translation help file
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:30 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2004 8:30 pm
Posts: 9916
Yes! :)

_________________
Jorge Coelho
Winstep Xtreme - Xtreme Power!
http://www.winstep.net - Winstep Software Technologies


Back to top
 Profile WWW 
 
Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : Translations  [ 8 posts ]
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: