Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 5 posts ]
 Post subject: "Drop Item Into Recycle Bin" Sound Effect Not Working
PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:47 am 

Assigned WAV file to play during "Drop Item Into Recycle Bin" in PREFERENCES > SOUNDS but somehow it doesn't work. Got it to work for "Empty Recycle Bin." Even the sounds included with Nexus Dock don't work for this. Please someone tell me what I'm doing wrong!

Post subject: Re: "Drop Item Into Recycle Bin" Sound Effect Not Working
PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:07 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

1. Are you dropping the item into the Recycle Bin widget/module ***IN THE DOCK*** (as opposed to the one in the Desktop) ?

2. Does the sound play in the Sounds tab in Preferences when you click the Test Sound button?

3. Does the sound play if you drag an item IN THE DOCK into the Recycle Bin IN THE DOCK?

I think the issue only occurs when dropping a file from an Explorer window into the Recycle Bin in the module, but I want to make sure.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:17 am 

1. Yep, dragging from Desktop/Explorer windows to the Recycle Bin widget/module in the dock.

2. The sound does play in the Sounds tab in preferences when I click the Test Sound button. I even replaced the sound with other .wav files. None of them work when I drag into the recycle bin module.

3. The sound DOES play when I drag an item IN THE DOCK into the recycle bin IN THE DOCK. I didn't test this before. Is this the way it's supposed to work? Is there no way to get it to work from explorer too?

- Also, side question - I have a new desktop and laptop, recently moved from MacOS. Loving the dock on the desktop, want to install on laptop too. Purchased Ultimate on desktop - can I use the same registration for laptop? Don't mind buying it again if I have to, the ease of use is totally worth it..

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:20 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

NexusU83982 wrote:
3. The sound DOES play when I drag an item IN THE DOCK into the recycle bin IN THE DOCK. I didn't test this before. Is this the way it's supposed to work?

I haven't looked at the code yet, but I think it's a bug. I managed to reproduce the issue here too, so if it is indeed a bug (and I think it is) it will be fixed in the next release.

NexusU83982 wrote:
- Also, side question - I have a new desktop and laptop, recently moved from MacOS. Loving the dock on the desktop, want to install on laptop too. Purchased Ultimate on desktop - can I use the same registration for laptop?

Provided you're the one using that laptop, sure. :)

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:10 pm 

Thanks so much Jorge! Appreciate your help.

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 5 posts ]