Winstep

Software Technologies


 Winstep Forums


Print view
Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 835 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Theme approach
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2026 1:21 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:10 pm
Posts: 859
ppetroff60 wrote:
Perhaps there is also a topic about airplanes and helicopters (as you can see, I have absolutely zero imagination). :P

I have one with planes already that I'll upload with the changes. Helicopters and Middle Ages as in also Knights of the Round Table?
Ok - let me think about design and layout for these.

As for Helicopters and planes do you have a specific time period in mind? As in throughout history which I have done one of commercial planes - or during wars or something else?

_________________
"They teach you there's a boundary line to music. But, man, there's no boundary line to art."
-Charlie Parker

“We can't expect a blind man to appreciate beautiful patterns or a deaf man to listen to bells and drums.”
― Zhuangzi


Back to top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Theme approach
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2026 6:36 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:10 pm
Posts: 859
@ppetroff60

I did a little research and have started designing a layout for Helicopters. You might know this that Leonardo DaVinci is reputedly the first Helicopter designer? I might do Helicopters through history through to today if that works?

The Medieval will be fun but involves a lot more research and accuracy as obviously, people don't get around on horses and armor anymore and I'd like to try and get it at least close to being appropriate - there's also the weaponry - maces, shields etc etc and jousting and......

_________________
"They teach you there's a boundary line to music. But, man, there's no boundary line to art."
-Charlie Parker

“We can't expect a blind man to appreciate beautiful patterns or a deaf man to listen to bells and drums.”
― Zhuangzi


Back to top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Theme approach
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2026 11:19 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2026 7:47 pm
Posts: 105
Respected BassdudeNZ! Airplanes and helicopters from Leonardo to the present day. It's like the history of aviation. Civilians, not military.
Knights: weapons, castles, duels, etc.
What can your imagination and inspiration create! :lol:


Back to top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Theme approach
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2026 8:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:10 pm
Posts: 859
ppetroff60 wrote:
Respected BassdudeNZ! Airplanes and helicopters from Leonardo to the present day. It's like the history of aviation. Civilians, not military.
Knights: weapons, castles, duels, etc.
What can your imagination and inspiration create! :lol:


Here is Commercial Planes and Helicopters. I used the same template base I created for the planes in Helicopters with some minor differences.

I will upload a bit later - I am still editing files in each theme and simultaneously doing a few things for Jorge. Sorry for any delays.

Attachment:
commercial planes.jpg
commercial planes.jpg [ 252.2 KiB | Viewed 943 times ]

Attachment:
helicopters.jpg
helicopters.jpg [ 252.65 KiB | Viewed 943 times ]

_________________
"They teach you there's a boundary line to music. But, man, there's no boundary line to art."
-Charlie Parker

“We can't expect a blind man to appreciate beautiful patterns or a deaf man to listen to bells and drums.”
― Zhuangzi


Back to top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Theme approach
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2026 9:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2026 7:47 pm
Posts: 105
Very interesting thematic layout! A combination of modernity and fiction. I'll be waiting for her to appear in the gallery. Thank you very much! :lol:


Back to top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Theme approach
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2026 1:24 am 
Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2004 8:30 pm
Posts: 13452
LOL I particularly like the "fishcopter". :D

_________________
Jorge Coelho
Winstep Xtreme - Xtreme Power!
https://www.winstep.net - Winstep Software Technologies


Back to top
 Profile WWW 
 
 Post subject: Re: Theme approach
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2026 2:43 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:10 pm
Posts: 859
winstep wrote:
LOL I particularly like the "fishcopter". :D

Music and laughter prolong life Jorge :P

_________________
"They teach you there's a boundary line to music. But, man, there's no boundary line to art."
-Charlie Parker

“We can't expect a blind man to appreciate beautiful patterns or a deaf man to listen to bells and drums.”
― Zhuangzi


Back to top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Theme approach
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2026 5:45 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:10 pm
Posts: 859
@PPETROFF60

I decided to make an more obvious difference between the planes and Helicopters. Similar feel to both though.
Many people like sunsets, I also changed the disks, some colors, parent menu so each has its own identity.
I also decided to lose the wallpaper, too similar because other than helicopter drones, Helicopters do not fly as high as planes.
Attachment:
helicopters.jpg
helicopters.jpg [ 277.45 KiB | Viewed 913 times ]

_________________
"They teach you there's a boundary line to music. But, man, there's no boundary line to art."
-Charlie Parker

“We can't expect a blind man to appreciate beautiful patterns or a deaf man to listen to bells and drums.”
― Zhuangzi


Back to top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Theme approach
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2026 6:17 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2026 7:47 pm
Posts: 105
Are the helicopters positioned closer to the ground and the wallpaper matched? An interesting idea! I understand that you plan to create two themes - Airplanes and helicopters? Wonderful! :lol:


Back to top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Theme approach
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2026 8:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:10 pm
Posts: 859
ppetroff60 wrote:
Are the helicopters positioned closer to the ground and the wallpaper matched? An interesting idea! I understand that you plan to create two themes - Airplanes and helicopters? Wonderful! :lol:


While any Winstep theme is certainly fictional, regardless of how real I may attempt the imagery, my sensibilities tell me that planes can fly 10,000ft-90,000ft, a Helcopter tends to fly under 10,000ft.

Basically, planes regularly fly above the clouds or in them, Helicopters fly closer to the ground.

_________________
"They teach you there's a boundary line to music. But, man, there's no boundary line to art."
-Charlie Parker

“We can't expect a blind man to appreciate beautiful patterns or a deaf man to listen to bells and drums.”
― Zhuangzi


Back to top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Theme approach
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2026 11:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2026 7:47 pm
Posts: 105
I totally agree with you! Planes fly higher, so the "Blue Sky with clouds" wallpaper is just right for this theme! Helicopters are flying below, so the "Sunset" wallpaper with a view of the earth fully corresponds to this theme! I hope that the users will appreciate your work!


Attachments:
1682765248_papik-pro-p-smail-odobreniya-png-9.png
1682765248_papik-pro-p-smail-odobreniya-png-9.png [ 293.3 KiB | Viewed 857 times ]
Back to top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Theme approach
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2026 6:42 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:10 pm
Posts: 859
@PPETROFF60

Here is the first draft of your Medieval idea. It is a lot more difficult than I thought. The Knights are the modules. So your placement and other people's placements will determine how good it looks. The Moon will be stand-alone as will the weather.
The disks I am going to have a lot of thought on that yet... If I make it to the wallpaper, the logical approach is a flying Dragon, but that is more Mythology than Medieval even though they seem to attach it to this period.

So far so good...
Attachment:
Medieval draft.jpg
Medieval draft.jpg [ 1.47 MiB | Viewed 828 times ]

_________________
"They teach you there's a boundary line to music. But, man, there's no boundary line to art."
-Charlie Parker

“We can't expect a blind man to appreciate beautiful patterns or a deaf man to listen to bells and drums.”
― Zhuangzi


Back to top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Theme approach
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2026 8:37 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2026 7:47 pm
Posts: 105
Respected BassdudeNZ! I really liked your first design of the knights theme. The wallpaper is perfect! Can I ask you to add only one or two girls (for example, a moon ornament or a Wanda fish girl)? Knights, tournaments, etc. - it's all wonderful! :lol:

(Oh, what a pity that there is no emoji of approval in the emoji gallery.)


Back to top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Theme approach
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2026 4:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:10 pm
Posts: 859
ppetroff60 wrote:
Respected BassdudeNZ! I really liked your first design of the knights theme. The wallpaper is perfect! Can I ask you to add only one or two girls (for example, a moon ornament or a Wanda fish girl)? Knights, tournaments, etc. - it's all wonderful! :lol:

(Oh, what a pity that there is no emoji of approval in the emoji gallery.)


I fully intended to have Medieval Maidens, they along with other knights, Squires etc were to be in the 4x menus. As you have requested, I will have a think on the Module maidens instead - The moon will be as you asked that one is easy - - A fish maiden? OK - I will need to think about appropriate to theme but I will think of something...

_________________
"They teach you there's a boundary line to music. But, man, there's no boundary line to art."
-Charlie Parker

“We can't expect a blind man to appreciate beautiful patterns or a deaf man to listen to bells and drums.”
― Zhuangzi


Back to top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Theme approach
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2026 1:10 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2026 7:47 pm
Posts: 105
Respected BassdudeNZ! I have one more request for you! Could you create a theme about Native Americans? The AzDude website from the WinCustomize website has excellent Native American wallpapers in 4K format. If I get permission from him to use his wallpaper, it could be a great theme for Winstep Xtreme! :)

It's a pity that I can't contact you directly, so I'm leaving a message on the Winstep Xtreme forum!


Back to top
 Profile  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 835 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56  Next
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot] and 202 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: